Monday, February 20, 2012

blockaday 7

I offer a blanket apology to all of those I've inadvertently offended or caused to feel neglected during my latest depressive episode. Someone once said to me that depression is selfish, and though I believe that statement belies a lack of understanding of what depression is, I understand the sentiment.


It's an illness. During this bout I'm not suicidal, but I've lost all motivation to do anything. The fact that I'm getting treatment, going to acupuncture and sometimes making it to work is a force of will.  I'm taking meds to control this bout of lupus and that's all I've been doing. Thank god for netflix streaming video and ebooks.

And there is a recovery period which means I'm not going to be my cheerful self again for a while.

It is what it is.

1 comment:

Smapdi said...

Anyone who is angry at you for being depressed, isn't someone you should really be dealing with.
I understand the thought, but it's not wallowing. That's a whole other ballgame.